N'awlins at heart

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Movin on up!

Much like Chia, I also got to move yesterday. We have 2 new testers coming in, and our half of the lab was full, so coworker D and I got to move to the hardware side. That was the new guys would be near more experienced testers. The side we moved to is a little brighter. As in, the lights are kept on, our old side was pretty dark. The hardware side is pretty messy, but I got my desk cleaned off pretty well. Also, I am no longer directly in front of the door. Where I was I would hear the door click, and in less than a second someone was immediately standing behind me. So when I was reading the news, or blogging, etc... Busted!

I am definitely in the mood for a weekend of Homemade ChiaPizza and Crawfish. I can't wait. We'll definitely be setting up a trip soon. It has been a while since we've been to NOLA. I wish we could have made it in for Mardi Gras. The is the first one we've missed in many many years. It sounds like other than a cold and rainy beginning, it has been a good time for the family.

Lastly, on Tuesday we are saying goodbye to Sprint. We are sick of no reception inside, my phone turning itself off and needed the battery reseated, having to call 2 to 3 times before the other person's phone rings, and so on and so on, (I could go on for pages.) We got a new plan through T-Mobile and are able to keep the old numbers. We got some pretty nice phones too. Our bill is about half what we were paying, and hopefully we'll be able to get rid of Vonage, saving another $35 a month.

Lastlyer, the tech stuff. I have 2 green neon rods by the feet in my truck. (They match the green LED's on the bike.) About 2 1/2 weeks ago, the one on the passenger side went out. I took the dash board apart last weekend and figured out the bulb was fine but the DC/AC converter was bad. So we picked up a new one today. Being the bright guy I am, I took the old one and tied the end of the wire to the new one. Then I pulled the wire out, essentially running the new wire exactly where the old one was. Then it was a matter of bolting the ground, and running the positive to the radio fuse (the way it was originally ran).

More lastlyer, we love and miss you all. I can't wait to see everyone again. Thank you all for posting and emailing us pictures. It "keeps us in the loop". Ha ha.


At 8:12 PM, Anonymous SSSPPPIIINNNEEEYYY!!! said...

Can't wait to see you guys, either. I have to admit, even while working amazing hours (23 ours straight for the Muses Parade!!!), I still am glad to go to Carnival. Wish you were here enjoying it with everyone.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home