N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It's the little jabs that get ya.

(And 2 posts in 1 day. Go figure.) So I head out to lunch with a friend. We ended up at the Pizza Hut lunch buffet which is my weakness. I ate way too much, as I always do when we go there. Now, one of my co-workers has a habit of asking me to bring him back food when I head out to lunch. Well, usually he asks to join us, and I tell him "yeah", then when it's time to go he backs out. (But asks why we never invite him any more.) The worst part is, he never tells me what he wants. I have enough trouble deciding what I want, now I have to guess what he likes too? Fine, whatever.

Being that we went to a lunch buffet, I couldn't exactly bring back a few slices. So I did the right thing, at first. I called him and asked what he would like from Taco Bell. He went with a #6 baja something or other, a side of nachos, and a coke. Pretty basic order. Then we pulled to the window. Once the order was received we were asked the standard question. "Would you like some sauce?" To which I responded, "Yes, mild."

As we pulled away my friend turned to me and asked "D likes mild sauce?" To which I responded, "No, nobody likes mild sauce. But can you imagine the look on his face when he realizes that's the only sauce in the bag?"

Like I said, it's the little jabs that get ya.

1 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Sneaky, sneaky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home