N'awlins at heart

Monday, December 24, 2007

It's no Trans Siberian Orchestra...




But it'll do. Yes people, it's Christmas Eve. Sorry it took so long to blog but you know how it goes. Once again, not a lot has been going on. We got all of our Christmas shopping out of the way for the most part. And we took a short ride today. It was nice but a little chilly. We may go look at Christmas lights tonight but I'm not sure. The first year we moved here we did that on the bike. But it didn't work out so well. We went up and down the streets and I got disoriented. We found a familiar street and I went the wrong direction. Hours later we made it home. Ha ha. But it was still nice to get out for a bit.

Chia, you are very welcome for the help with mom's gift. I hope she likes it. I wish we would have been there. But there is always next year.

We will probably spend the rest of the evening watching Christmas themed shows (if I can find any on TV). If not, I'm sure A Christmas Story will be on all day tomorrow. I have to get my Ralphie fix. Ha ha. "OH FUDGE!"

Work was very slow last week. My boss was out for the 2 weeks before Christmas, and that seems to motivate us to work harder. Not! Ha Ha Ha. Speaking of Christmas, it looks like my neighbor got a gift a little early. There is a guy with an older silver R6 who parks near the entrance of our apartment. When we returned from our ride today there was a brand new blue R6 next to the older one. It still had the temporary plate on it. I'm quite sure he's pleased. And we also got a surprise gift that was unexpected. We went to check the mail today and had a slip in the box stating we had a letter sized package at the front gate. We curiously headed that way and found a letter from W1's cousin. In it was a CD with her picture on it, a picture of a guitar, and it stated it was her music "revealed". I can't wait to pop that gem in the old CD player. Ok, just picking with her. I'm sure it's very nice, and it was very thoughtful of Melissa Ethredge, I mean, W1's cousin, to send it to us.

I will make sure to take lots of pictures to share with everyone. Have a Merry Christmas and we will talk to everyone soon. We love and miss you all.

2 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just LOVE these videos of the Christmas classics!! I hope you got to see A Christmas Story!

We missed you guys, of course, and are looking forward to seeing you soon!

Mom LOVED her helmet, and she totally surprised me with headlights and led's on the Valk!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

A Christmas Story was on some channel for 24 hours - hope you got your fix!

Miss you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home