N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Who would call a turtle?

Where to begin? How about the dog house. I think I may be there. If not, I'm at least out there refilling the water dish. W1 wanted to "go somewhere" last weekend. (Thanks Spinneys, we had so much fun running around with you all, she remembered there are fun things to do outside of the house). Well, my speedohealer came in Friday, so I spent Saturday installing it. (It was all muggy and rainy and crappy anyway).

Sunday, we were trying to decide whether to hit the zoo or not. That's when I checked online and saw they were having "Houston Stunt Wars '08" about 5 minutes away from the house. So we headed out there. I have to say we actually had a good time, and stayed out for about 6 hours. There were different categories, longest stoppie, most wheelie circles, freestyle stunting. These guys were insane. And during one of the breaks a local car club did some "drifting". (Yes, that is actual footage from it. We were about 5 feet to the left of the girl that filmed this). But for some reason, I don't think that's what she meant by "go somewhere". But she was a good sport. And I got some great photos and video (thanks H2).

Then today, after getting home from work, we went to a "Meet and Greet" for the motorcycle forum I'm on at a burger joint called PO's Burgers. The food was delicious, but she was once again faced with a bunch of guys talking about motorcycles. She could totally teach a class in "Putting up with my shit". But then again, who would take the class? Needless to say, I owe her big time. I gotta do something good.

Speaking of people putting up with my shit, work has been okay. The rest of the lab is still having network issues, but I'm still working. Testing is going about the same as always. A couple of guys have called in the last two days, so no real excitement. The big boss did come in and apologize for letting the network accounts slip, and took full credit. I thought that was actually pretty cool.

And the last bit of info you get is kind of a rant. There is a commercial for the local cable provider. It is a turtle couple, and they do stuff. They take the laptop in the front yard and see if the internet slows down. And the latest commercial they are on the couch when the phone rings. It vibrates towards one of them and they're talking about how it's getting close, and they can almost reach it. Now I have to wonder who would call a turtle? What, are you gonna meet them somewhere? How long would that take? I see no point in calling them. As Homer Simpson once said "Stupid TV, be more funny"!

4 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I would sign up for your class again and again and again love. Better fill that dish though. :))

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! We have those turtle commercials, too! And you're right, they're stupid.

Sounds like you did some cool stuff over the weekend, so I won't mention our ride to the Shed. Oh, I just mentioned it! Stupid... Stupid Chia!!!

Sorry.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

If I wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere I might call a turtle....hmmmmmmm???

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I haven't seen this turtle commercial you speak of...but I do know that you and W1 are too cute - why don't you do a couples massage? That worked out pretty well last time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home