N'awlins at heart

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Eight is Enough.

This one is at Chia's request. I also have very few people I know who blog. And you hit up most of em. I'll see what I can do.

1. I do all my blog posts in Wordpad, then cut and paste them into Blogger. I do this because I do not trust the internet and get infuriated when I lose something I'm working on.

2. I am afraid of fish. They have teeth and are creepy and slimy. But they do taste delicious.

3. In third grade I came in second place in a math bee (I guess that's what you'd call it.) between the third and fourth graders, and nobody acknowledged it. (I'm not talking about family, just the kids in our classes.) It was this exact moment that I realized, your family loves you, but to everyone else you do not matter, and are truly not special.

4. While I was in the Navy, I realized I wanted to be a chef. Not because of the cooks on the ship, it just happened to be in that time frame. Unfortunately, I don't think I would want to work their hours in a hot kitchen, and am currently happy doing something I already know how to do, in an air conditioned environment. Plus I'd hate to turn something I love into work, and have it become a chore.

5. I use Firefox as my main browser, with a Cooliris Previews plugin, and I am constantly recommending it to EVERYONE who will listen. I am addicted to the tabbed browsing, and mouseover popups (I'm guessing that's what they are called but too lazy to look it up).

6. Before music CD's I was extremely OCD about my cassette tapes. When I finished listening to one it had to be rewound to the beginning of side one and put back in the proper case.

7. I despise black olives and will not eat them, even though I don't dislike the way they taste.

8. I told W1 to put "I sleep with my eyes open" even though she doesn't. My reasoning: "They don't know, and it'd be funny".

There ya go, how's that for random. Had to throw an extra at ya!

4 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Our fist argument was over the cassette tape OCD thing! haha

I can not believe you want to be a chef. After 14 years there are still things I don't know. Well, I guess maybe you should now get your ass in the kitchen!!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

And by 6th/7th grade you had found two (2) errors in math textbooks. Your teachers were impressed (no, not the Physics teacher)but alas no big awards.

We have ALWAYS been proud of you!! XXXOOO

And you keep us laughing!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

You always crack me up. Fish, huh? Nice visuals.

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger now saves your stuff constantly. Even when I accidently close the window I still haven't lost anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home