N'awlins at heart

Monday, February 11, 2008

"Can I get a Whoot Whoot?"

Friday. I rode into work. I guess my hair was still wet when I put my helmet on. That's okay though, I keep a hair brush in my tank bag. So I take my helmet off when I get to work and look in the closest mirror (i.e. someones really dark tinted windows). I notice some hair sticking up on the right side of my head. I immediately pull out the hairbrush and go to town. By the time I was done, it was ALL sticking straight up. It was the worst case of helmet head ever. That was when I decided it was once again haircut time.

Saturday was the start of a better day. We went riding to Mission Burritos (kind of like Kokopelli's). We rode through Memorial Park which was pretty nice. Then when we returned home I decided to get a haircut. So we rode to the barber shop. After a brief stint in Supercuts, we were on the bike again. After we returned home, I knew I had to try one more time. But this time would be different, this time I would do it right. After W1 hopped off, I pulled into the neighbors spot. I stood up, grabbed a handful of front brake, twisted the throttle, and slowly let out the clutch. Normally this is where the front tire stays stationary, but the whole bike slowly slides forward. But without my weight on the seat the bike stayed in place, with the back tire spinning. Woo hoo! I was finally able to do a burnout on MY bike. *Note: do not try this at home, and if you do, remember to turn off your ipod first. It's hard to know exactly what's happening when your music is blaring.

When we got inside the house W1's friend had left a message saying she saw us riding while she was out running an errand. In a city of 6 million + it's funny that someone we know would see us out and about.

So you are all familiar with my current 3 hub cap predicament. This morning it got better. I had not been in the truck since Thursday Night when I drove home. I am OCD and check my tires every morning for flats or bottles, etc... Whatever! You got quirks too! Anyways, I notice today one of my valve stem caps is missing. I guess they wanted it to match the hubcap. The worst part is it didn't match the other 3 anyway. About a year ago I got a tire patched, and the place didn't pit the cap back on. So I took a slightly different one (That came in the 4 pack for the bike) and put it on there.

Lastly, (like for reals though) Co-Worker D got a bit of good news today. So he asks our boss, "Can I get a Whoot Whoot?". The response he received, "No. You can not.".

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

"No. You can not." hahahahaha - I know I shouldn't laugh but hahahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home