N'awlins at heart

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I have...

...been feeling pretty UGH for a day or two. I thought it was my body retaliating for the abuse I put it through last weekend. The next day I felt like I had run a marathon. Just sore. But it was totally worth it. I had a great time. Thanks everyone!

I think I misjudged my symptoms and actually caught a cold. Not a lot of fun. High fever, cold sweats. It happens to me every few years or so. I break out in a rash, my fever burns everything inside that is ailing me, then it breaks and I wake up feeling wonderful. I didn't want to prolong the fever doing it's thing so I haven't been taking any medicine.

Hannah finally decided enough was enough and told me I need to start taking medicine. One of the things I was taking were Halls Lozenges. The little square tube of them. They were working well, and I found a whole bag of them in the medicine cabinet. On my way to work today I ate one. It was the same flavor as the square ones, but this one was round, like a piece of candy. And when it was almost gone I discovered the center was chock full of slimy liquid nastiness. It was horrible. I see why they were in the cabinet. Whoever thought this was a good idea should be shot.

Unfortunately with the cold I haven't ridden the bike the last two days. I thought about it this morning until I almost fell over in the shower. Twice. I decided my balance was probably not the best at the moment and four wheels was probably the way to go.

Our cat use to misbehave when she was little and we'd squirt her with a water bottle. That was many years ago. But just recently she started acting up again so I bought a new squirt bottle. It only took one time. She apparently remembered. So last night I'm laying in bed and the cat was with me. I took one squirt of chloraseptic and never saw her again the rest of the night.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Ewww - I hate those ones with stuff in the middle - it's not like a tootsie roll AT ALL.

And your poor cat - hahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home