N'awlins at heart

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

*"You should be more flexible."


Those of you who know me, know I am late. Sorry, that's what you get. Deal with it.

My hours are 9-6 but I usually roll in around 9:10 - 9:15. Well on Friday our entire group received an email from my boss saying everyone needs to be here by 9:00 at the latest.

I have no problem with this. (Okay, actually I have a big problem with this, but whatever.) He on the other hand is now learning a lesson on flexibility himself. If he has a problem with me being 10-15 minutes late in the morning, I suddenly have a problem staying 30 - 60 minutes late off the clock EVERY day to try to get all of my work done. Especially when I eat lunch at my desk and continue to work 3-4 days a week. Not any more.

So Monday, I arrived at 8:40 and promptly left at 5:40. Yesterday was another 8:40 - 5:40 day. I was a little slow today so it looks like I'm here until 5:55. I wonder how long it will take those jerks that like to show up at 6:00 to ask for my "help" at the last second every day to catch on to my new hours. (I say that like I care.)

The door swings both ways. I'm just saying. If it hasn't been a problem for the last 2 years why is it one now? Either way they're losing out on 2-5 extra hours a week unpaid, and I get to head home before the sun goes down.

* A message from my big boss to one of my co-workers who does the 8-5 shift.

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Stick it to 'em love!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Get 'em!!! Maybe they'll learn not to show up at the last minute!

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Major Dad said...

I'd fire all of ya!!!!


Damn Hippies!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home