N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Everythings smooth like butter.

Or not. But oh well. Things have been busy. H2 and GF came in for a wonderful visit. We went to the Texas Renaissance Festival. It was quite interesting. I think Kenellie would really enjoy themselves there. We also had some good Rock Band time and I must have been drunk because I was singing. Truly a good time.

My chain and sprockets are back ordered so I am still bikeless. I'm trying to keep positive, and just think how much fun it will be when I do get to ride again. Rain or shine it will be on!

We moved to a new building at work this week and nothing has gone well. Very heavy important stuff was brought to someone elses lab so we had to carry that down the hall. There are some many issues I don't even want to bore you with the details. The internet is not working among other things. Which is why I have not blagged until now. (That and packing up last week while still testing equipment.) They moved us to the back of the building (furthest away from the bosses as possible, I like that) but the elevator has not been built yet. So the stuff we had to move ourselves to prevent damage (servers, etc...) got to be lugged up two flights of stares. It wasn't bad until about the 20th trip (no exaggeration here). It made me think of the old cartoons when they'd draw the French guy with huge sholders and skinny legs that went down to a point. Except I will be opposite.

One of the cool things is currently they are building and moving a lot of things, so the loading dock at the foot of the stairs is open. When I take a break I go out there and hang out by a pond. It's full of turtles. (I hope Aunt Pat doesn't see this.)Whenever we go out there they swim across to us and come right to the edge. Then they peek at us and swim away. I saw a box of old donuts from yesterday in the trash, and I was going to feed them but I thought they may get addicted. Then the next time I come out I'll see them crawling up the loading dock ramp. I may bring a little cat food or something tomorrow to watch them eat. Okay, maybe I do mess with the wild animals too much.


3 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

Cool!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Cat food will work - they love it!!

We're hoping to go to the Renaissance fest in LA - sounds like you guys had lots of fun!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

You and your animals baby .... <3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home