N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quick update.

We are alive and well. Eating fairly well. Walmart has been getting fresh meat (aw yeah, fresh meat) so I have been giving our grill a good work out. Luckily I ran out of propane about a week before the storm so I had a full tank. You'd be amazed at what you can cook on a grill. (I keep singing "Bean's don't burn on the grill. Took a whole lot of try-y-in, just to get up that hill...")

We have water but no electric since Friday night. The biggest problem we're running into is a shortage of ice. W1 and I have both returned to work today. I've never been so excited to go to work in my life. It's nice to be able to watch the news and check email. From everything I've seen so far, FEMA is doing a great job of dropping the ball. Tax money well spent.

We have been playing a lot of cards, and watching movies on the laptops until the batteries die. Maybe we'll get lucky and W1 will find some open fast food on the drive home today. If not I guess we can hope Walmart is still open. It looks like our normal grocery store is open on generator power. No meat, milk, or anything like that, but some wine would be nice.

One last thing I found funny. I noticed you can tell which guys at work still don't have power yet. Those of us who don't are sportin some mighty nice beards. Ha Ha Ha! I guess that's all you get for now.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Glad you're okay...it's messed up when you're GLAD to go to work just for the electricity!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home