N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Oh wait, today's not Friday."

Yes I know, it's been a while. I've said it all before. Here's the latest.

Work has been the same. I'm currently testing wireless routers. Not a bad gig I must say. Connect a bunch of laptops, do internet stuff. Watch youtube videos, play online games, download files. You know, internet stuff. I can't really complain. But I'll try.

Things were going well. I was multitasking. I was playing Bejeweled on one system and Tetris on another. My boss' boss was talking to my boss' equivalent and after 5 minutes I turned around and asked them to keep it down while I was working. The big boss left shortly after. That was when I realized he doesn't know what my job is. And he probably thinks I was screwing off, and I'm just a big Jerk Face. Well, either way it's still pretty funny. Whatever, I do what I want!

I wanted to challenge myself and I have never owned or used a Mac. I found out the other day (I don't remember if I read it online, or heard from someone, but that doesn't really matter) there is a way to run the Mac OS on a PC. So that is my next endevaor. Wish me luck.

As far as the title of this post, yes, that quote is my own. They called a meeting today for the "perms" about a re-org. From what I understand this in an annual "can a few people and replace them with contractors" technique. So on a good note, my job should be safe. And our department is kicking ass so I think the perms I work with are set. I just found it weird of them to hold this meeting on a Tuesday. Due to that, when I told the story to W1, I suddenly thought today was Friday. Wow, that just sucks. I'm already in weekend mode now. There's no turning back.

What is that I hear? I believe it's the Fender calling me. Looks like I've got a band meeting. Gotta jet.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you were saying, Windows, Linux, MAC OS

Do you have a lifetime membership to GEEKS Anonymous?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home