N'awlins at heart

Saturday, October 25, 2008

I knew there was a problem because they were all on fire.

Sausage, people. Sausage. I was grilling a few weeks before the storm. (The 2nd one, not the 1st one.) W1 likes hot dogs and sausage (that's right, I said she likes hot dogs and sausage) burnt on the grill. So this particular time I decided to turn up the heat to char them a little extra. When I opened the grill, they were all on fire. Mmmmmm, tasty. Oh well, we learn from our mistakes.

Take White Elephant for instance. I learned from that mistake, and will never play that stupid game again. W1 and I were at a Christmas Party for a job she use to have by the Superdome. I didn't know any of these people, and I really didn't care for them once we met. Once the game started and my turn came around, I had to get up in front of a bunch of people I didn't know and open my gift. It was a car emergency kit. Complete with a flashlight, cigarette lighter powered air pump, and a few other handy tools. I thought "Not bad." But it was only mine for a few seconds. Then it was snatched, and I was forced to stand in front of all these people I didn't know, again, and open yet another gift. This time it was cheap cologne. (At least nobody was stealing that.)

So, to recap, one minute I'm rescuing damsels in distress on the side of the road, and the next minute I'm smelling like H2's bedroom on a Friday night. Screw that game!

Okay H2, I'm just picking with you. I do have to admit the colognes you wear are definitely not cheap. And I look forward to wearing them when you get here next weekend.

I ordered my chain and sprockets today and it says they have 2-4 day delivery so hopefully it will be processed quick and I can put them on next weekend. It's been a while since I rode the bike and that's "No es bueno".

2 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I hate white elephant....last time I ended up with incense sticks.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

That's right, I think I'll put some sausage on my grill tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home