N'awlins at heart

Monday, April 28, 2008

...and then Dr. Seuss cooked us some dinner.

It's the start of my final week in my current lab. It's going okay I guess, although things are still failing left and right. We also have an interview for my replacement tomorrow. Hopefully that also goes well.

One of the new guys is sitting at my old desk. The 2 available desks were side by side and they wanted to split the new testers up, and put them with more experienced testers. makes sense to me. Although I had to move to a new desk for my last 2 weeks. Coworker D seemed a little bummed that I was #1 moving to a different desk, and #2 moving to a different lab. So he won't have me there to BS with him.

Well, the new tester sitting in my seat could be my twin (except he's black). He's tall, skinny, from New Orleans (Pre Katrina) and he likes to chit chat. Dare I say he's my doppelganger? I don't think Coworker D will be quite so bored after all.

Back with the flashbacks. Last Thursday we were at the grocery store. We passed the steaks and saw a London Broil on sale from $16 to $5. We just couldn't pass that up. So we bought one and put it in the freezer.

Saturday I put on new blinkers and we rode around for a few hours. When we finally got home we pulled out the steak to thaw. Around 8:30 that evening we realized there was no way it would thaw in a decent amount of time. So we made something else. Now, we have never cooked a London Broil, so W1 looked up a recipe online. It said to marinate it in a bottle of wine for 4 hours then grill it for 20-30 minutes. We decided to marinate it over night while it thawed. All in all I think it marinated in the wine for about 30 hours. When I finally took it out to cook it was purple! I am serious, it was stained purple.

And it was one delicious purple steak I must say. I would definitely recommend it. I'm trying to think of a name for it. Maybe eggplant steak. I dunno... Any ideas?


3 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Purple or not, it was damned delish!!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

How about instead of Rib-Eye you call it Black-Eye? Or a "Royal Roast" b/c isn't purple the color or royalty?

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 wheat beer.
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1 cup kikoman garlic teriyaki
MArinate overnight. Add White wine for the last half hour.

Love it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home