N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Let me go ahead and eat some crow.

Okay, I don't have anything to "take back", and I was not suddenly "proven wrong", I just thought that title was funny.

Response to s1+o's question on W1's blog, no, it was not the same cop. The one behind me yesterday was a sheriff's deputy. The ones who "have it out for me" are the constables. The information I received was as follows. Approximately 3 years ago they were finally given the ability to write traffic tickets and they took it to heart. Or something like that.

Work is work. Jeannie 2 has been out the last 2 days so that has been nice. I'm more or less counting the days now. I was given a really crappy assignment and / or project to work on today. But I am looking on the bright side. #1 it could have been audio testing (which for some reason makes me want to shoot myself in the face) and #2 it pulled me away from the last test on the project I was working on (at least temporarily) and I really hate that one test. Okay, there are a few I REALLY hate but this one in particular sucks. It's basically to help the blind. You should be able to navigate through Windows via the keyboard with a voice telling you what icon or program you have highlighted. This, however, is usually not the case. The previous trouble call written up has 57 screen shots of errors. And my boss asked in the notes "Does this error still occur with the newest driver?" What do you all think? Did they amazingly fix 57 issues all at once? Highly doubtful! I almost want to answer "Yes!" but not elaborate. Why not? I'm short timin!

W1 and I seem to have a new addiction. Stupid people shows. Mainly involving cops. I think one of them is called "What the @#$% Fridays". No, like seriously, that's the name. It's people running from cops, and crashing. Doing crazy stunts, and crashing. Operating heavy machinery, and crashing. You name it, they're crashing. It's awesome!

Finally, blowing off some steam. W1 has been having issues with her blog. 2 of the pictures disappeared. And they brought up errors stating "Image could not be found". So she emails the chick that set up the template. Who says, basically, her laptop crashed and she lost a bunch of stuff. But for $150 she will redesign the site. Now, the 2 pictures that no longer come up where hosted on imageshack.com. On the interwebs. So they would have nothing to do with this girl's laptop at home crashing. Not to mention 6 other pictures that were also hosted on imageshack.com still show up fine.

So I guess simultaneously her laptop crashed, and the servers online that had no connection with her laptop, randomly deleted 2 of the main pictures from W1's site. But all this can be fixed for the low low price of $150. Yeah, okay, whatever.

But I hate ending on a bad note, so here are some cute kitties.

4 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I love kitties. No, I mean I love kitties. HAHA!

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't start talking shit about Sheriff's Deputies. They seem to drink with you fine in times of emergencies!!!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger H1 said...

Ha Ha Ha. The Sheriff's Deputies are cool it's the Constables that have it out for me.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

cute kitties. I kept waiting for something awful to happen, thankfully it didn't!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home