N'awlins at heart

Saturday, March 22, 2008

You smell like old apples tied to a bag of shit. *

So, I have a new job coming up. And Murphy jumps up to kick me in the nuts. The situation goes like this. Tuesday I interview with the new boss who tells me April 7th is the date they'd like me in there. That gives me 2 weeks.

We interviewed 4 guys to replace 1 open position last week, so it works out in our lab, because we can just hire 2 of them. So Thursday afternoon I talk to my Contract Rep and she tells me she will tell my boss what it going on Friday Morning.

Friday Morning arrives, and I'm informed by Coworker D that my Rep had spoken with my boss and he talked to Coworker D about training a new guy. Then I log onto my work computer and Russell informs me his boss is freaking out. The date I'm supposed to go there is some time in May. There is a guy I'm replacing, and his contract ends in May.

So this leaves me in an awkward spot. I can sit in my current lab, with a boss knowing I'm leaving. Go to the new lab, and sit next to a guy I'm replacing that doesn't know he's about to be let go. Or be out of work for a month.

A good thing is, it's kinda out of my hands. I did speak to my current boss and he said I was welcome to work there until the move. So I'm thinking that's where I'll be. I guess they'll see if any of the other 3 guys are still looking for work in a month or so.

On an entirely different note, I was looking around on the laptop and went to check the settings of the mouse / touch pad. Looks like the programmers have jokes. I love the time they put on the clock for the settings image.

* Robot Chicken

5 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. The "time" thing went completely over my head! 4:20PM? Why is that funny? As opposed to, say, 4:00 or 4:15? What? I DON'T GET IT!!! AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

4/20 day is coming up soon....hmmm...how should we celebrate? Last year they had a COPS marathon.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Bad boys, bad boys - whatcha gonna do? hehe!!

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you... NOW I get it. GOOGLE is a wonderful thing, sort of.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I love that google is a noun AND a verb!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home