N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

That's what makes them Great!

Since we are making the trip to NOLA this weekend, we decided taking a full day off Friday is the way to go. Due to me being an hourly employee, I have been trying to work 10 hour days to get as close to 40 hours as I can. Which is why I am still at work right now.

The project I am working on is flaky to say the least. The issues I was having originally I can no longer reproduce, the things that were working, aren't working any more. It's a mess. As a bonus, I still have Jeannie 2 drama to deal with. She was working somewhat late (and I use the term "working" VERY loosely). As usual, she spent all day running around goofing off (and getting others to do her job) then the last 30 minutes she is running around freaking out about issues she is having. Being the nice guy I (sometimes) am, I listened to the issue she was having. I have seen this issue before (just last week actually) and told her there are 2 solutions. #1, she can use a different system to accomplish the task (which is what I did when I had the problem) or #2, she can add the switch -1 instead of -0 to the command she is trying to run.

Her response: "It use to work fine the way I've been doing it. I'll just check with Ben in the morning because he has gotten it to work before. I could stay here all night fighting with it but I'm not going to."

After that, I put my headphones back on and turned back to my own work. I hate when people ask advice then argue with the answer. I also hate it when people don't realize that I am always right! (Most of the time. Hee Hee.) I can't wait to get out of this lab. Russell said they talk about me every day in his lab and said "You're the most anticipated hire I've ever seen over here." I guess that's a good thing. Hopefully I live up to the hype. Either way, I'm out of here and Jeannie 2 can kiss my entire ass.

On a nicer note, I went out back to have a smoke around 7:30. As I was standing there I heard noise in the woods behind the building. Then this huge Brendal Great Dane came out followed by 2 tiny dogs. Then the owner. I ended up chatting with him for about 20 minutes. The Great Dane was gorgeous. I honestly couldn't even tell you what the other 2 dogs were (breed wise). It was nice to see the puppy and chat with the guy about them for a while. It really helped relieve some of the stress Jeannie 2 gives me on a daily basis. Did I mention I can't wait to get out of this lab? Well I can't.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Asks for advice and then argues about it? Ugh...I hate those people!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home