N'awlins at heart

Monday, March 24, 2008

King of Shake-Shake? *

I saw him. I'm pretty sure I did. And the story goes as follows...

I was heading home on the belt. Traffic normally flows between 75-80 mph. (Speed limit 65.) Due to this, when I am on the bike, I usually do about 85. That put me at 5 mph faster than the flow of traffic, and keeps me from getting stuck in those traffic pockets. So I'm heading home, just passed the stupid bitch in the left lane on her cell phone who is doing 60, and cut back over to the left. I tucked down and resumed my cruising speed of 85. It was about this time that I notice the cop with lights on, on the other side of the highway. And I glanced back to my side. There he was, the King of Shake-Shake *. But at that moment I did not realize who he was. I did notice, however, that he was pointing a radar gun at me. But it was too late. At that point I knew he had me.

As I passed him he must have thought I didn't notice him. It was at that point he raised the radar gun and shook it at me. That's right people, he shook it. As if to say "Hey Jerk Face, you do realize I have a radar gun on you and clocked you speeding." At this point I didn't need a bonus ticket of evading. (And why is it called evading? If you evaded the police, you wouldn't have gotten the ticket. Right?) So I dropped it to 70 and get out of the passing lane. (That's what it is people, the passing lane. If you ain't passing someone, get out of it!) It must have been my lucky day, because he didn't jump in his car and come after me.

Onto the next topic. On and off there have been break in's in the parking garage at work. For whatever reason, they always target trucks. Every email I have received at work in the last 2 years, that involve vehicles being broken into, have been trucks. So last Thursday my boss was the victim. Someone punched out the locks in his F-150 and stole his stereo. Friday he went to the dealer to have his locks and stereo replaced. Instead he left with a 2008 Mustang. It's actually pretty nice. But it is still technically a muscle car. So, being the jack ass that I am, I asked my boss (who shaves his head) if he was going to grow a Mullet.

I had to give him credit. His response: "That's it. Come May, you're outta here!" He really is pretty funny.

* Blog title stolen from Queen of Shake-Shake.

5 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

He shook it at you? What, he left his cane in the other police car? Did he call you a "meddling kid" too?

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count yourself lucky, as I did when the LA trooper pulled up next to me while I was doing 80mph and motioned for me to slow down. Not pull over, just slow down. Which I did. Immediately. Then I thanked my lucky stars that he wasn't in a ticket writing mood!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger H1 said...

Ha H aha. I've been using the "Left his cane in the other police car" every time I've retold the story! Ha Ha.

And yes, I considered myself VERY lucky, and will be hitting a top speed of 75 mph on the way home today. Just to be safe.

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try getting pulled over in your unmarked sheriff's truck and tell the trooper, "This is an unmarked police truck, officer." Then have him run the registration and it comes up to LSU AGricultural Center! Damn the Louisiana DMV!!! They switched registrations on me!!!!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I would say, why don't you guys all just slow down, but then I'd have to practice what I preach!!! Can't do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home