N'awlins at heart

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Jealous much?

I am. With the wedding coming up this weekend it makes me think. I think a lot about the families who are lucky enough to be together all of the time. Not just brothers, sistes, and parents. I mean, Aunt's, Uncles, Grandparents, cousins seeing other cousins on a daily basis. Mind you I don't miss you all enough to see you every day, gettin on my nerves and stuff. Ha ha, I'm just kidding. But seriously, it must be nice to have the entire family close. Thinking af seeing all sorts of family that I rarely get to see is exciting.

Today we took a few hours, and rode up to a bar a few miles away. They had $15 all you can eat crawfish. I could have kept eating, but I didn't want to put the bar out of business. At least not on the 1st Sunday they're having it. I'll wait a few more weeks before they put our picture at the bar with a note saying "Not allowed to eat the all you can eat crawfish". It was good though. I would not have minded a little more heat, but for Texas it was really good. I'm sure I put away 8-10 lbs, and the "Seafood Boat" up the road had them at $14 for 2 lbs yesterday. I definitely feel we got our money's worth.

Last week i had another episode with Jeannie 2. First she was trying to get me to move a bunch of crap for her. Nope, had to sick my boss on that ass. He quickly put her in check. Then, later in the day she came by to chat with me. While chatting, she was steadily clipping her nails next to my desk, with wire snippers. How disgusting! That is what I mean by, NO HOME TRAINING! It was just gross. Clippings all over the floor, in the carpet. Just nasty!

I am really excited about the new place. I hope we are able to get it. It was perfect. The few things that were "the down side" were very inexpensive fixes. I mean, $10 can of paint, $2 latch for a closet. Other than that the place is great. We'll finally have a place to put up W1's porch swing. (And get it out of the ChiaHouse.) Of course, now I wish we could have figured out a way to keep that waterbed. Oh well, we have plenty of time to get a new one. If we get it i think there is gonna be quite a yoga area for a while. We seem to have enough furniture for the Master bedroom, Computer room, Den and Kitchen. I guess the bathrooms too. The spare bedroom is going to be empty along with the Formal living Room and Dining Room (or yoga room for now). But I have noticed from all the places we lived in when we were in NOLA, we will not have a lot of trouble filling up the empty spaces. We never do. Unfortunately we also lost "Recliner Alley", maybe that's a goal to strive for. Ha ha ha.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I miss recliner alley!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Nail clippings = gross! New house (hope, hope, hope) = awesome!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home