N'awlins at heart

Saturday, February 23, 2008

What a week I tells ya!

I'm glad it's the weekend is all I can say. Lots going on. It's nice to get a chance to relax. Especially before going back to work Monday to tell my boss I'm an idiot. Coworker D is going to be off next week so overtime of 3 hours a piece was offered. My response was "I'll be off next Friday to go to Dallas for a wedding so I'll probably be short a few hours myself." All was good until i realised last night, the wedding is the following weekend. So, hopefully he hasn't given my hours away or the 3 extra OT hours.

I was the last one to leave work Friday and went into Katrina mode. They are cutting the power at work over the weekend and we have a refrigerator in our lab. I had flashbacks of the rotten stuff in the ones I cleaned after Katrina, so i went to town. Brand new cottage cheese, gone. Coffee creamer, gone. Lunch meat, gone. The only thing that I didn't want to throw out was someones lunch box. It had Tupperware with beans, and leftover BBQ. So I stuck it in the freezer. I figured, that would give it 12 hours, before the power was cut, to freeze. Hopefully that'll be long enough to keep it from getting funky.

We also made a trip to Wal Mart today, because I don't want to be "that guy". As you read earlier, one of my hub caps is missing. (Which brings me to the question, when did the name change from "Hub Caps" to "Wheel Covers"? I searched online at Wal Mart, and Auto Zone for hub caps and came back with nothing.) I found the original ones online at a cost of $30-$45 plus shipping. At Wal Mart, I found these for $14. Sounds like a good deal. Except we were at Wal Mart, so although we went in for "Wheel Covers" we left spending about $125 with so much stuff we had to lay down the back seats in W1's Scion to fit everything. (Whatever, don't judge, you like to shop too!)

Oh yeah, "that guy". The whole point of that was due to our house hunting. I didn't want to keep putting off replacing the "wheel cover" and go to see a house, or move in, and be the 3 hub cap having, there goes the neighborhood, guy. I want to be there for a while before they realize indeed, there went the neighborhood.

One last thing I learned this week. Sugar Bear is no longer politically correct, or whatever they call it today. Since they have decided sugar is not good for you, I guess he's just plain old "Bear". Who knew? (Don't answer that.)

2 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

Yes, sugar is no longer good for you. That's why they came out with "Splenda" made with real sugar! Go figure.

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but somehow "Splenda Bear" doesn't have the same ring... close, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home