N'awlins at heart

Friday, March 02, 2007

Long time no see.

Okay, it's been a while. Sorry about that. Maybe I was just recovering from the hangover for a week. Who knows? (Well, actually I do, but I'm not telling).

Well, I'm definitely happy that it's a Friday. This has been a long week, and I've had the worst time trying to wake up. Oh well, it happens. Maybe it's the Chantix. Maybe it's the fact that I'm lazy and don't feel like getting up. If I had to guess I would pick the second one, but blame it on the first.

If you read Taunt Society you know we finally found bike night. And I can't even stress how lame I felt on the bike at a Starbucks, sipping my mocha latte, with the parking lot full of cars. The few bikes that were there parked on the dashed yellow lines at the end of the rows. I just thought "That sucks, the bikes can't even park by each other". You would need a damn golf cart to cruise the parking lot to look at all the bikes. (Yeah, all 3 of them). ***YAWN*** But once we found the "spot" it was on. It was just really cool to be right there in the middle of it. The down side is, I thought I was going to get run over leaving, (like you can't get run over any day on these Houston streets) but it was worth the risk. I have to learn!!! LOL, just kidding. ;)

Now when we first arrived at the "stunt" spot it was just to see if we could find it. You have to turn down a street that dead ends about 1/2 mile up. Along the right is a fence and the left is a warehouse with a row of garage bay doors. We pulled in by the warehouse and there were a few cars and bikes, but not many. After a few minutes they went ahead and started drag racing. The first race was a VW TDI and I believe it was a Honda Civic. Both cars decked out with neons etc... I don't remember who won but who really cares? (Ok, the VW won). Shortly afterwards, more bikes started arriving olong with a truck carrying a 4 wheeler. They started stuntin all up and down the parking lot. Then some dirt bikes, and trucks with stunt bikes in the back. Yep, that's right, they were trucking them in (I guess it's hard to ride 40 miles to the "stunt spot" with 5 lbs of pressure in your rear tire). Around this time when when they started going off. There were people doing wheelies, stoppies, burnouts, and drag racing. It was fawesome!!!

After a while we headed home. But we'll definitely be back next Wednesday. Apparently this is a weekly thing. And I think the guys practice there on the weekends but I'm not positive. But I can (and will) damn sure find out. I want to bring a video camera out there. If I get a chance (and a nice camera) I will.

Well, I guess that's gonna be it for now. I am at work after all. Gosh!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Now honey, we would have to stay a weekend or two in Houston to do that. Go take your medication, you have obviously lost your mind. hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home