N'awlins at heart

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Snickers, it satifies?

You're damn right it does!!! Indeed, it seems that Snickers has gotten their selves in trouble with this years Super Bowl Ad. But do you know what? Homophobic or not, it doesn't make Snickers any less delicious. Trust me, I know. All the hype had me thinking about (and more importantly craving) this delicious treat. So I bought one. Apparently advertising works. Who would have thought?

This country has become way too Politically Correct. It's disgusting. Where did our rights go? I understand people think this commercial is homophobic. And they are probably right. But who cares? In America, you're allowed to have your own opinions. And the Snickers marketing team is paid to poke fun at the "in" thing. I am in no way anti-gay or homophobic. I have gay friends. I even have friends who are furries. Try that on for size. But who am I to judge? I have no right. My philosophy has always been "Live and let live". People are more than welcome to be scared of, or hate, or love whomever they want. Just leave me alone.

Politically Incorrect? Snickers? Sure. Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Boycott them. But while you're at it, why don't you ban your kids from watching Saturday Morning Cartoons. You want politically incorrect? Google "Tokio Jokio" (A nice 1943 Warner Brothers cartoon). Or even "Scrub me mama with a boogie beat" (A Walter Lantz 1941 cartoon). Now let the boycott begin. No Saturday Morning Cartoons! Get out and get some exercise.

People need to quit judging other people! If 2 guys or 2 women marry each other, what effect does it have on you? What effect does it have on me? Absolutely none. They're not going to quit doing what they are doing because they can't get married. Right? Yes, I went to Catholic School growing up and I understand, as per the church, that it is wrong. But once again, on that mindset, they're going to Hell. So you won't see them when you're in Heaven. That means you win, right? Now check this out. Sorry, but I got a laugh out of it.

The bottom line is, quit getting offended! Sometimes you have to sit back and laugh. People are going to do what they are going to do. And that's their right. Gotta love The Constitution. A homophobic commercial, a violent cartoon, a racist cartoon; These things happen. People are going to get offended. And guess what? That's their right too. But it still doesn't make my Snickers any less delicious.

6 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

You know, when you're away (which you are) and you're the quiet one (which you are - don't laugh W1) I forget how much you make me smile. I'm enjoying your posts!!!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Good stuff, good stuff!

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff, but wrong on several evels. Still, we love you!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger H1 said...

Nope, nope. Snickers are delicious! I stand by it! LOL

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the commercials, but I'm a Three Musketeers kinda guy!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger H1 said...

Mmmmmm. 3 Musketeers! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home