N'awlins at heart

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hey, weight for me...

Well, hopefully my 9 hour days this week will pay off tomorrow. I did it so I could have a half day on Friday and get an early start on the road to New Orleans. H2 is back in the hospital from his 3rd surgery. (Simple procedure my ass).

I am looking forward to going back and visiting. It's been a few weeks and I'll admit I miss it. The food, the smell, family (the smell of the family?), everything. And BIL is cooking steaks! I can't wait. One thing I have to say is BIL can cook! I really miss the weekend BBQ's, hangin out havin a few drinks and just BS'n about nothing. I have cut down my beer consumption and switched to diet soda, along with trying to watch what I eat a little better. (We won't talk about the damage I did to that Pizza Buffet at lunch today, everyone falls off the wagon every now and then, plus it was all thin crust pizza. And you can't go wrong with pizza, it has all the necessary food groups. Bread, dairy, meat, what else is there? Give me some anchovies and we're in business.). And I think I can splurge a little with the eats and drinks for one weekend...

It's going to be great to see the kids too. Hopefully they are excited. If I'm in the mood to be depressed I may let Ian school me at some Madden. But I probably won't be in that mood. LOL. Speaking of, I hear he got in a little trouble at school. I'm not going to get into it, but from what I hear it is total BS. And if the teacher is too dumb to clarify what she is asking that's pretty much her own fault. Although it must make her feel really big to pick on an 8th grader. Sounds to me like someone got thrown in the trash can one too many times during her high school years. (Hey, I call em like I see em. Tha bitch!).

I'm sure the trip is gonna fly by as usual, and by the time we get home it will feel like we didn't have a weekend at all. But it's definitely worth it. Visiting with all of the Chias is always a blast. Then BIL's cooking. All I can say is I can't wait!

-Chiason

2 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Who's messin' with my Ian? I will cut a bitch quick!!

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' the sooner you get here the better! H2 looked pretty good today, and I think you're visit will be just what he needs to get him back on his feet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home