N'awlins at heart

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Folks in Hazzard County.....

So I'm heading home from work the other day. And I saw a car driving on the highway with their hazard lights on. They were weaving through traffic doing about 200mph. Ok, that was a little exaggeration, but they were hauling ass. They were definitely being a hazard to everyone around them. I'm not sure if that's what the hazard lights are for, but I guess they worked.

A few miles up the road there was another car driving with Hazard Lights on. Only they were going about 40mph. But they were changing lanes randomly too. Again, a hazard to anyone on the road. Although maybe that car just had both blinkers on because they weren't sure which lane they would be randomly changing into.

Okay, that story was more interesting when I was thinking about it. I may have forgotten some of the details that made it interesting over the last few days. Sorry about that.

I've been missing my bike like crazy, so Friday when it wasn't raining I decided to go for it. It was around 48 degrees. I opened the front door and thought "Oh, that's a little chilly" (at 0mph with no wind chill). So then I decided I'd be okay with a work shirt, a flannel, and my mesh jacket. I have winter riding gloves but if it isn't cold enough they make my hands sweat. So, to top off my super warm outfit I put on my riding gloves with the air vents on the top. They really help blow cool air on the top of your hands.

I did not quite realize the error of my ways until I was about half way to work. That was about the time I felt the frostbite burning on my thighs. Never again will I make that mistake (yeah right). I just kept thinking "It was below freezing at Deal's Gap" and we survived that. But I was also wearing a tee shirt, 2 flannels, a sweatshirt, A mask, a neck warmer, 2 pairs of jeans, and 2 pairs of socks. And only going about 30mph.

Well, it's Super Bowl Sunday so I guess I'll be watching the game. We are going to a party near my work. Hopefully it's fun. Until next time (which I will try to make sooner than this one)...

3 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes... Deal's Gap revisited! Good times. Good times.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Glad to hear you survived your ride! Brrr!!

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good times my ass!!!! I have NEVER been that cold in my life. And where were all the OTHER cold gear riders when I was freezin my ass off? The truck!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home