N'awlins at heart

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

This is like a dream...

I think I know what they mean about having strange dreams. This is after the "quit smoking" medication. W1 and I have been waking up throughout the night and having strange dreams. The down side is, I can never remember my dreams. But I made a conscious effort last night to see exactly what the Hell is going on. And it may have worked.

I woke up at 2:27 this morning. Out of nowhere, just awake. And what was I thinking. Apparently I was dreaming and whatever I was doing I had finished. It was either buying cigarettes or throwing away the last pack, or something. I definitely remember it involving cigarettes. But the main thing was, I had just finished doing whatever it was. Like my body said "Ok, story's done, you can wake up now". I eventually went back to sleep trying to remember as much as I could.

Once again, I woke up at 4:22. This one I remember a little more. I had just finished the last cigarette in my last pack. Then immediately, wide awake. So now I am trying to remember my previous dream and the one I just had. All while I'm trying to figure out why I'm waking up every 2 hours or so. But once again I fell back asleep. 6:22 AM, and I woke up again. This time I have no idea what I was dreaming but I am quite sure I had just finished that particular dream. I immediately tried to recall the 2 previous dreams, which is why I couldn't remember the last one.

So the 2 things I am noticing are, I wake up immediately after my dream has ended, and all the dreams seem to be about cigarettes or smoking. Oh well, life goes on. This too shall pass...

5 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Maybe you are dreaming about dreaming about cigarettes.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Mmm, cigarettes!!

NO!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

So, you're having a cigarette every two hours? That doesn't sound so bad! Just kidding, I know it's hard and I'm rooting for you both.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger H1 said...

There we go. Maybe smoking is all just a dream. And when I wake up, I won't want to smoke.

I dunno. I think I would rather go to sleep until I don't feel like smoking. But I think I would need an IV too, because that would be a looooong sleep.

Thanks for rooting for us though. :)

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

But dreaming about smoking is so much healthier than actually smoking them! and cheaper too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home