N'awlins at heart

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mardi Gras

Sorry for the brief hiatus. You know how we do it at Carnival Time! That's right, we were back in New Orleans (but if you're reading this you probably already know that info).

Yes, it was an amazing trip. The new word we learned was Fawesome!!! Think about it if you don't know what it means. I bet you can figure it out. But yes, we had a great time. I brought down a friend who had never been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans and he absolutely loved it. And not just Mardi Gras, the city itself. He said he couldn't wait to go back again. And I have to say that makes me sort of proud. Proud of family, friends, and the city itself. I already knew my family and friends were the greatest in the world, but I sometimes forget about the city. I have to say though, once you get New Orleans in your soul, it stays there. It's a hard place to leave.

Other than attacking Chia's (brand new) DVD rack, and leaving W1's windows down, I can say I had a great trip too. (And as far as those 2 incidents go, I still stand by "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen"). But I still want to apologise to both of them. Sorry you guys. :(

It was nice to visit with someone who has never been to Mardi Gras, it's like I got to experience it for the first time again too. At least in the sense that we were constantly planning or doing something. There were a few times there that I would have gave in and stayed home, but I knew my friend was excited so, like a trooper, I headed back out. There were a few people I wanted him to meet, but it was pretty busy. Maybe next time.

I rode the bike in to work today and was a little embarrased. I had to actually "dust it off". I mean literally. What is up with that? My poor bike. LOL. That's just a reminder to not neglect her quite so much. I got new riding gloves courtesy of W1 and wanted to try them out. They are Joe Rocket Honda HRC gloves. Very sweet looking. And they felt great too. I can't wait to try them out again. In fact, I think I will right now. See y'all soon. And I'm off...

3 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

No apology needed (or I would have to apologize for all my drunken escapades and I don't have time for all that and I mean, it is just a car). Had too much fun myself, way too much fun.

I wanna hold Molly.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Glad you had fun, I did too - it really was one of the best (and busy) weekends I've had in a while. I'm sure your bike missed you too. And let me just say "I heart my ipod"!!! Thanks so much!!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home