N'awlins at heart

Monday, February 26, 2007

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

"What's the matter Eddie? Does it frighten you?"
"Frighten me? No Frank, I think startled is a better word." ***

Okay, 2 weekends ago I went out with a friend of mine at his first Mardi Gras. And somewhere throughout the night I blacked out. It has never happened before and really caught me off guard. It was pretty funny when I thought about it. All fun and games. Until the following weekend (last weekend) when it happened again. Not something I planned on, expected, or wanted to happen. But it did. I know I have drank more than that on numerous occasions. And I am not impressed.

I'm not sure what suddenly happened but I don't like it. It was enough to make me realize that excessive drinking on my part can be pretty dangerous. My only guess is that I have cut down my drinking drastically, and my body isn't prepared for the amount I took in over the past 2 weekends. Either way, I think I may be cutting down on the weekend drinking too. (Not cutting it out, just down).

Lets go through the list. I changed my diet, switched from regular coke to diet, cut down my weeknight drinking, quit smoking, and now cutting down on the weekend drinking. (Sounds like the recipe for a pretty boring individual). Let's say it all together kids. Can you say "Midlife Crisis"? I know you can. Lets label it a "Wake up call". It just sounds better.

Other than that I did have a really good weekend. Hanging out with W1. We had a really good time. My friend usually comes by at least 1 day each weekend but I think after a week with us during Mardi Gras he needed a weekend to himself. As did we. And it was nice. We got to relax, watch TV, wash the vehicles (which are already covered in pollen again), not worry about places we had to be. (I did work for a few hours on Saturday but that was whenever I felt like strolling in, gosh, and whenever I felt like leaving, gosh again). Sorry. "Gosh" just sounded like it belonged in there.

For any and all of you who may have been or are worried about W1 and I, don't be. We are doing fine. We love and miss you all, and just needed a weekend to get ourselves back on track after the rush of any and every thing that has been going on.

***Ministry "Just like you" (Although they sampled it from somewhere else).

4 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I did have such a great weekend with you love. Perfect!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger H1 said...

Look at me growing up. What's next? Actually showing up for Jury Duty? LOL

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

See, there's no jury duty in Texas 'cause Mom can't register you to vote here. YAY!!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Is this the year for H-clan self improvement? I'm using you guys as my inspiration!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home