N'awlins at heart

Monday, March 12, 2007

It's been a while...

Let me start by saying Happy Birthday to the first half of Kenellie. We haven't sent a gift yet (late as usual) so I was going to call S1+0 and ask her to pick up a rock on her way to the parking lot after work. But W1 informed me we can't give him the same gift we gave BB so instead she suggested some wet leaves. I think that is a great idea and will do what I can to get the ball rolling on that one.

So, last Wednesday's bike night was really cool. They had a lot of people out there doing stunts. I was informed that area was going to "Cool Down" because it is a little dangerous. If last week was "Cooling Down" I would hate to see the way it use to be. That place was packed. We pulled up to the light a block ahead of it and saw at least 30 bikes waiting, just at that light. There was even a new Ducati 1098. That is a sweet looking bike. We may go check out the other area. It is in the parking lot of a bike shop. It's a lot further away but H2 reminded me that Bike Night in NOLA wasn't the shortest ride either. I guess I'm just getting spoiled having EVERYTHING right by our house.

Saturday we went to a bike show at Stubbs Cycles. We were at the Original location. It was pretty cool. By the time we got there it was getting late so theyre were only 2 guys left stuntin and a 3rd on a little 50cc bike. The Bikini Bike Wash was hidden in the back which was horrible placement. They had cones set out to block off the "stunt area" and a Motorcycle Cop weaved through them reminding me why I shouldn't run from them. It was impressive to say the least. I came to the realization that even though I was riding quite a ways to and from work every day, these guys are riding at minimum 40 hours a week. Rain or shine. Hot or cold. Mad skillz is all I'm sayin.

It's Monday again, and we're back at work. Time sprung forward 3 weeks early. I would complain but I hate getting up in the morning any way. Spring forward 3 hours if you want to, or back 6. I will still hate getting up first thing in the morning. It doesn't really matter.

I would post a few pictures from the bike show but they came out pretty bad. I think there were only 2 pictures that were really decent. Plus I am at work and I don't have them with me. Speaking of work, I guess I will get back to it.

2 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Had lots of fun at the Stunt Show love. Good weekend indeed!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

You mean you're not gonna quit your job and ride full time? Oh yeah, I forgot, you probably want to stay married!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home