N'awlins at heart

Monday, March 26, 2007

Interesting is as interesting does...

Yes, indeed it was an interesting week / weekend (interesting to me anyways). H2 showed up Wednesday and we went to not 1 but 2 really weak bike nights. I have been telling him about it for weeks so of course when he arrives, very few people were there. It was enough to get the idea though. We left the place near our apartment and went up north to the other one. I was a little more packed, but nothing compared to how it usually is. I did get to meet a few people which was pretty cool, but I'll never remember any of their names.

Friday morning we headed towards NOLA. It wasn't a bad drive for the most part, once we got headed in the right direction. We made it to the house somewhere around 6:30 that night, then headed across the river to the hotel to start Big J's (Different from Chia's "Big J") Bachelor Party. Flash ahead to Saturday morning as "What happens at the bachelor party, stays at the bachelor party". (But nothing out of the ordinary happened, not much more than a typical night at the strip clubs).

Saturday morning I got up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, as expected. Made it back home, took 2 aspirin and passed out until around 5:00 that night. Then we headed out to a wonderful dinner at Corky's. It was fun to hang out and chat, but W1 and ChiaMom were greatly missed. It would have made that dinner complete. After we headed back to the house we headed over to see if we could get pictures from S1+O's phone. That was unsuccessful, but I did get to see Molly jump around on her "Doorway, bouncy, jumpy thing", and all while she was chewing on a "delicious bass" made of plastic / rubber. It was super cute.

Sunday morning, I got up, took a shower, had a DELICIOUS breakfast courtesy of ChiaPop, then headed to the Airport. After a short flight I was happy to see W1's smiling face. We grabbed some food and went home for a few hours nap. Woke up and watch some TV until way too late. Then back to work this morning for the start of a new work week.

And that's how it goes.

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Fucking Monday. I hate it!!!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

It was great to see you. Thanks for your help with the phone, eventually we did get it done, just not the way we had planned!! Maybe it was just a ploy for some face time :)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger H1 said...

I don't mind being tricked into face time. :) I had a really good visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home