N'awlins at heart

Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's mostly because I'm the greatest.

Work has been wild and I play way too much Modern Warfare 2. I keep trying to figure out why I'm always tired, then I remember that I keep staying up late playing on the xbox.

I had my weekly meeting with my boss and he gave me an achievement award. I didn't have time to check it out today but it seems to involve money. He said it was for improving at my job over the last year. Since I started the job in January of last year I would hope by now I've improved. But that's cool with me. I'll take an award.

Then I stopped by the restroom before I left for the day and I set my helmet on a shelf next to a laptop bag. When I was walking back to the sink I saw the Director of my department grabbing his bag and he tells me...

"That's a wild helmet. It's nice."

"Oh, Thank you. I got it for my birthday last month."

"What do you ride?"

"A CBR F3."

"How do you like that jacket?"

"Um, it's comfortable. The mesh lets it breathe. It's better than my old one that had leather at the top. It was very hot in the summer."

"Would you wear yellow?"

(Is this a trick question? And I'm carrying on this conversation in the restroom.) "Um, yeah. It's good to be seen around here."

"I had a Harley but I sold it. I bought the yellow jacket so I would be seen. You look about my size. Stop by my desk tomorrow and if I remember I'll bring it in and you can have it. It's that same kind if mesh. And it's pretty much brand new."

"Wow, thank you."

It was quite an interesting conversation. He's a really cool guy though. Every time I've spoken with him he's been real down to earth.

It turned out to be a pretty good day.

Tomorrow's lunch and lunch emails should be interesting. Coworker C is originally from Minnesota and he often flys back to watch the Vikings. (His sister works for the airline.) I can't wait for the Saints to stomp the Vikings this Sunday. Who dat!

5 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

WHO DAT!!

Cool, it seems you did have a good day - awesome!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

I'm glad you had a good day...I hope it continues through the weekend!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Enjoy the award - you deserve it.

Enjoy the jacket - you deserve it.

Enjoy your game - YOU DESERVE IT!

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Major Dad said...

Cool. Put the jacket on, ride to New Orleans, and watch the game with us while the Saints kick the Vicking ass!!!! Geaux Saints!!

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What he said!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home