N'awlins at heart

Saturday, January 23, 2010

How is it my fault?

While W1 was volunteering at the library this morning I was running around doing some house work. The time to myself allowed my mind to wander. Which often leads to silliness and nonsense. So I decided to share my latest thought.

When I was young we did not have Attention Deficit Disorder. But I bet if we did I would have been diagnosed with it. Understandably. But here's what my problem is with ADD. Why do I have to be the one with the disorder? Why is my lack of attention a disorder?

Maybe it's not me with a disorder. Maybe you have boring ass story disorder. Maybe if you were more interesting, I would pay attention to what you are talking about. It's not my fault that your story is uninteresting, and you are only half way through it. I don't seem to have that issue paying attention to song lyrics, or video games. You know, stuff that isn't boring. I'm just saying.

So my thought is, what if we put the boring people on meds? They seem to be the ones with the disorder. Give THEM some meds to make them more interesting. And quit labeling everything a disorder.

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

I have to agree with you and am very glad i didn't put you on any meds. Don't think i would have if offered.

You told me once that if the teacher explained something most of the time you understood it. When the teacher started repeating herself as other kids didnt understand, you would start to daydream about other things. When you snapped back to reality that teacher was on another area and you had missed some of the new topic. I couldn't fault you for that. It would be like you're in trouble for being too smart.

Now, being a smart ass...we won't get into that!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Handing out meds to boring people? That's just incentive to be boring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home