N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Aw come on now!

90% of my television happens to be the Cartoon Network. I have often thought, when my coworkers discuss the reality shows they watch, how the only thing I find on TV these days worth watching are the cartoons. King of the Hill, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Simpsons, Futurama... And so on, and so on.

We pay about $40 a month for basic cable through our apartment complex. (As opposed to $50 to the local cable provider.) Just add it to the rent check and go on about your business. You don't get the cool menus or the "box" but since we don't need HBO, HBO 2, Showtime, ESPN 14-937, it's no big deal. As long as I have my cartoons.

So why not keep with our latest turn of events and spill the local cable company / apartment complex battle into our lovely home. (This notice was taped to the cable box on the side of the building with a HUGE pad lock.) Mid show tonight a message came across the screen informing us as of today a digital cable box is required to view the cartoon network. Bastards!

I can't wait to get out of this complex!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home