N'awlins at heart

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Makin' my bills all high.

About 2 years ago, the toll tag company here for the beltway switched to these stickers with a microchip instead of the regular plastic tags. They emailed new stickers for each vehicle except the bike. They sent a letter saying they hadn't figured out how to make waterproof stickers for the bikes.

So twice a week they send me an email saying they noticed I still had one of the older "hard tags", and I could save the $1 a month rental fee, by switching to the sticker tag. Which is fine, except you can't use the sticker tags on the bike because they are not waterproof.

W1 called them a week or two ago to update our account information, credit card, etc... The lady informed her we had the $1 a month hard tag and we should turn it in for the free sticker tag. So W1 told her to go ahead and send one.

Yesterday I went to the management office to pick up our package and when I opened it, guess what was in there. Another hard tag. Exactly like the one I already have. WTF? No wonder they went up on all of the tolls, they have to make up for the money they're squandering in postage sending people the exact thing they already have. And they were kind enough to pay the postage to return the old one that is exactly the same as the new one. (Okay, my trip one way to work probably covered that postage.)

On a bike note, Russell put a down payment on a new bike (his old '91 Ninja 750 caught on fire). The new one he's getting is an '08 1000 RR. I'm not jealous at all. Even though Owen put a down payment on the first bike I wanted (on my birthday no less) and now Russell is getting what I want now. Bastards! Hee Hee.

2 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Ah, the joys of dealing with beaurocracy...."no, I'm calling about the tag you just sent, not the one I already have. Yes, I have 2 tags, no, I'm only supposed to have 1 tag. No, I didn't call and ask for another tag, you just sent it. Why? I don't know why you sent it. I'm supposed to have a sticker. No, I'm not calling about my sticker, I'm calling about my two tags. Yes, I know it's cheaper if I get rid of my tags...."

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

He! As long as they have money on them....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home