N'awlins at heart

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Does this karma make my butt look big?

We all know how I feel about the traffic here. One of my (many) gripes is a certain turn I take going from 249 to the belt. I blogged about it previously on more than one occasion. It is a turn into a full lane, but these idiots constantly stop. It drives me crazy, and apparently others. It causes major backup, and if you're trying to get to the left lane and can't merge in 3/4 of a mile you don't need to be driving. It is so bad, someone spent the money at one of those "signs are us" places and put up signs saying "Protected Lane, do not stop". This does not matter as people still stop there.

So as I took the off ramp I saw the line of cars backed up. Yes, once again, some idiot stopped and is holding up traffic. This time I am too far back to even honk the horn. I was agitated to say the least. Once the light changed (so these idiots can cut across the lanes to get to the left) cars started moving again. About half way through the turn I noticed the shattered glass covering the road. Shortly afterward, what I saw put a smile on my face. From what I can tell, mid sized SUV stopped in the middle of the turn, full sized Chevy did not. He rocked the back of the car, shattered the back window, and pushed the spare tire into the back seat. And all I could think was "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!" Is it wrong that it made me happy? I guess the real question is, do I care that it's wrong? The answer there is "No." And in case you didn't hear it let me tell you again in Spanish, "No."

Work has gotten better. It is still busy, and from the look of it, it always will be. But the days fly by and I appreciate that. I have noticed I am figuring out the job more, but every situation is different. Oh well, it is what it is. And at least the weeks seem a lot shorter.

I cannot wait for Mardi Gras. It is going to be so much fun to see everyone. And as an added bonus, Russell has volunteered to drive. So for once W1 and I both get to relax on the drive there. And speaking of driving I'm getting my catalytic converter replaced Saturday. Right now it sounds like I'm dragging cans behind me. I was actually tempted to write "Just Married" on my back window.

Okay, that's all I have for now...

1 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I must say I share your frustration for stupid drivers and sometimes get that "ha - you got what you deserve" attitude too. Then I feel guilty about it....

Can't wait to see you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home