N'awlins at heart

Monday, December 08, 2008

I miss my minions.

They have locked the loading dock, so I have not seen my minions in a while. I just tell myself it's gotten cold, and they are all hibernating. Yeah, that's it.

We had a good visit to NOLA last weekend. It was great to see everyone. The (um, okay) Holiday Party (whatever, it was a freaking Christmas Party!) was a lot of fun. The first course was Turtle Soup. I almost felt guilty but I realized I didn't know those turtles personally. So it was all good. And they were delicious. I did apologize to them before each bite though.

I have to guess the wait staff was making a lot of money though. There were people carrying huge trays with 80 lbs of food and you would run into them and they got out of your way with an "Excuse me sir.". It was insane. God forbid you tried to reason with them and explain the fact that you were coming back from a smoke, and they were busting their asses with tons of heavy food. And to tell them to "Please go ahead.". They would have none of it.

It was great to see everyone, and especially having Aunt Sara in town at the same time. I have to give Ian mad props too. That breakfast he cooked us Sunday morning was wonderful. Thanks a lot man. That was some good stuff.

And while I'm thanking people, thanks definitely go out to P, J, and family, and H2 and GF. I love my X-Box 360. We got in pretty late and were tired, so I only got to play for 3 hours before we went to bed. And I guess the Xbox wasn't enough, because I also stole J's chap stick. Sorry about that. Heh Heh.

I guess that's gonna have to do it for now. My present is calling. We can't wait to see everyone again. We love and miss you all.

3 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Gotta admit, the xBox is pretty cool!

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How you gonna take another man's chapstick. Punk ass!!!!! Can't wait to see you guys again, either.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Haha - that was pretty funny...."I'm sorry...slurp...I'm sorry...slurp"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home