N'awlins at heart

Friday, March 13, 2009

It's just because I'm funny. You people better recognize!

It has been a crazy couple of weeks. I am still learning my new job, and it's hard. But I don't mind the challenge. It is what it is. Ya know?

Like the other day. My boss' boss, is in my office helping me work on something. Getting frustrated, he finally tells me "Can we work on this in my cubicle? I need information off of my computer. Grab your notebook and follow me." So I grab my trusty 3 subject notebook, that I keep all of my training notes in, and lock my door behind me. He turns around and asks "What are you doing?" and I respond "Following you?". He says "Grab your notebook!" at which point I hold up trusty green and shake it at him. "I meant your computer!" Doh, I forgot they can't call them laptops anymore. Something about some guy who couldn't feel his legs getting 2nd degree burns on his lap. Lawyers were called. Monies were paid. History was made...

So I'm thinking I need to pay better attention to my undergarments. And throw them away when necessary. Not because they're funky with holes and stuff (they aren't). Just because it appears I have 2 particular pair that are extremely unkind to me. After a nice 8 hour day at work, W1 has to give me the tongs to remove them from bunching up in various areas. Just uncomfortable. (But probably not as uncomfortable as you guys feel visualizing this. Go ahead and picture it, I'll wait...)

So I receive an email from a coworker, asking for a computer. My reply was "No.". Nothing more, just flat out "No.". Just to be an ass hole. I was totally planning to give him one, I was just in one of those moods. His response was something about his foot up my ass, or something along those lines. At that point I responded "Let me tell you again in Spanish. No.". I know I use that one a lot but it's my favorite.

Earlier this week my boss was showing me how to order supplies through our purchasing software and it wasn't working well. He decided to have me click the home button and return to the main page. He tells me "Go home.". So I got up, grabbed my back pack and replied "Okay, see ya tomorrow.". He did not find it as amusing as I did. I'm sorry but that shit is funny.

I was on the phone with W1 earlier today. She was listening to dictation tapes and tells me "I gotta run, L just gave me a rush tape." To which I replied "Sweet! Which one? Moving Pictures? 2112?". Once again, that's just funny!

Okay, sorry but that's all I got for now. Happy belated birthday bro (I texted and called ya so that counts). Miss ya all!

4 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

This right here, this is why I keep you. Well, one reason.

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. Yes. That was funny!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Funny post! (Those aren't the tongs you use for spagetti or salad are they? Maybe next time we visist we'll bring our own!)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

I believe you hung around with L.A. and Augie for too long in your formative years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home