N'awlins at heart

Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm very familiar.

First off, what the hell is this? Pancakes in an aerosol can? Sweet? I only know about this because I actually saw it in our local grocery store. Not some crazy link someone at work sent me, on the shelves at the actual grocery store, between the egg beaters and the spicy hash browns.

When I was in high school (late 80's, whatever, shut up!) they bitched about aerosol hair spray killing the ozone layer. But it's all good here because it's pancakes. And pancakes are delicious.

It does look pretty convenient though, I ain't gonna lie. To clean up all you gotta do is lick the nozzle. Or wipe it off. Something like that, watch the video.

So I LOVE spike TV. They have all sorts of reality nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I truly LOATHE the reality shows of the past (way too many) years, but the caught on camera stuff kills me. They use the term fisticuffs, how can you not love it? I could watch it 24/7. No doubt.

Today we were feeding my addiction and "Disorder in the court (2)" came on television. They are showing crazy nonsense occurring in courtrooms. Which lead me to make the comment "Of all the times I've been to court, I have never seen this craziness. How come out of all the times I've been to court, nobody ever acts up like that?".

Now the thing that gets me is, I think I actually go to court more of then than the average American. I have nothing to base this assumption on, but I stand by it. And it's always a traffic issue. Maybe it's because I get a lawyer instead of just paying the fine. Either way, I have spent more time in courtrooms than I ever wanted to, or specifically plan on.

What works my nerves the most is I consider myself an excellent driver. I am very alert, constantly planning ahead, and watching out for what the other person may be about to do. Zero accidents people.

Okay one, but it doesn't count since I got rear ended at a red light. Okay picture this. The first half of Kenellie is cruising with me in the old Mazda. Awesome little truck! First and best car I ever owned. Hands down! Anyway we get to the light where McArthur merges into Gen Degaulle. We're on DeGualle stopped at the light and my little bro is enjoying his smoothie. After about 3 minutes at the light I look in the rear view mirror just in time to see a truck doing the speed limit or more (35 mph) right into the back of my poor truck. He didn't even try to slow down.

Smoothie was everywhere. Especially on the dashboard and in the vents of my beloved little 2.2 litre tank. For the record, when smoothies bake in the Louisiana sun they ROT! Good times. At least there was no A/C in the truck so the windows were always down. That's how I roll!

Either way, I want to apologize to W1. Sorry about the 15 years of fines and fees. ;)

2 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

hahaha - your whole post made me laugh - thanks!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

I think you win the "called as a juror the most times in the family" award too! (At least while living in Louisiana!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home