N'awlins at heart

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Co-worker S does it again.

And this time I almost fell out of my chair laughing. I will try to make the next paragraph "quick and not so techie".

When you buy a new computer and take it out of the box, the software installed on it has to be "unbundled". This is the process where you fill out all of your personal info and wait for it to reboot a few times. In order for all that software to get there, it has to be put there by a (dash) server. All the testing we do requires the latest image to be put on the system. We have a private internal network with dash servers we manage, to do that. Thursday, the most important one crashed and the data was lost.

Co-worker S sent out an email to all of the big bosses of the various groups, letting them know we would not be able to supply them with fresh images for a few days, as the server needs to be "rebuilt". Here is an exert from his email:



"We will let you know when you will be able to start dashing again.

Sorry for the incontinences."



When I read it, I started laughing. Then I wondered if maybe I misunderstood the meaning of incontinence. After looking it up, no, I understood perfectly. Now I know not being able to use the latest images can be pretty tough for some people at my job, but I hope it's not tramatic enough to make them uncontrollably shit themselves. All I could think of was The Princess Bride. "I do not think that means, what you think it means".

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

So he probably knows, "never match wits with a Sicilian"

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a nurse to read that was just PRICELESS!...A. Maggie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home