N'awlins at heart

Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Hunker down!"

That's right. That's a direct quote from the Mayor of Houston. He said if we were not in a mandatory evacuation zip code (we aren't) that we should "hunker down". So, everyone out there concerned about us need not be. But I appreciate the fact that you are. Don't worry though, we have food, water, booze and smokes. What else do you need? Other than a place to cook it. Oh wait. We just refilled the propane tank for the grill last weekend. I think we're good.

We also have a Black & Decker flashlight with 2 - 14v batteries fully charged, a battery powered florescent lantern, and a ton of matchbooks thanks to Papasitos (and Ian, thanks buddy). The Wikihow today happened to be How to Purify Water. Thanks Wiki. Good lookin' out.

I also brought home a laptop with a digital TV tuner, and a spare battery. So even if we lose power we can watch the news on the laptop. (As long as we get a signal.) A zippo lighter with extra fluid? Check. Digital camera is fully charged. I even found an old box of firecrackers. And if worse comes to worse (probably a result of the firecrackers), we have the GPS with cigarette lighter adapter so we can get the Hell out of here.

On a good note I got off of work early. As did W1. She braved the supermarket to load us up with supples. And instead of having to wait in lines, she was able to check out at customer service. She rawks!

Nothing exciting has really been going on at work. Coworker S is only there half of the time, and he's actually gotten a lot better. I have not run acropss any wild animals, but I'm sure they knew the hurricane was coming before we did. I knew for sure last night. As soon as I saw Jim Cantore on the news in Galveston. As we all learned from Jeffie Pants, Jim brings the hurricanes and has the power to summon lightning.

I can't think of anything else right now, so I'll leave you with an old photoshop I did a few years ago.


3 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Mmmm, candy tastes good!!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Stay safe. Luv you guys!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

Try not to gain too much weight eating all those steaks in your freezer, three meals a day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home