N'awlins at heart

Monday, July 21, 2008

I love being the one who helps karma kick you in the nuts.

The weekend before last we went to Galveston. (Sorry, no pictures, I'm at work.) The waves were decent, breaking around waist / chest level. We spent a few hours down there, then coworker-R came down there and met us on his bike. A few hours later we were headed back up I-45 when, as usual, traffic came to a stop. After inching through traffic for a mile or two I realized 3 of the 4 lanes were blocked off and all traffic had to pass in the left lane. So I put on the blinker and tried to get over. This guy was being a jerk (face) and did not want to let me in. Finally after a minute or two I put the front of the car in his lane and nosed my way in. His response was to pull up real close like he was going to hit W1's car. Now after all the crap we went through getting it fixed last time, I don't think God himself would be able to save this guy from the ass whipping he would have received had he touched her car. It was at this moment that I remembered the jerk (face) who cut my sister off. And that was all it took. After forcing my way in front of him, and his reaction of being, well, just a total dick head. I went ahead and let a minimum of 9 people in our lane. I was waving people in from 2 lanes over. "Naw man, go ahead, come on in." He was fuming back there. But once again, karma is a bitch.

Last week went by really slow. Not a lot went on, but somehow I was super busy, yet the week dragged on. Saturday we got up and picked up Nephew Ian at the airport. And I have to tell ya J, he is definitely your son. The Guac was outstanding, but my favorite quote was in the grocery store. When he was getting the ingredients I informed him we had salsa at the house. His response, "Eh, store bought'll do". I started cracking up in the store.

Last week was not bad at work though. Coworker-S took two days off to go to job interviews, and he was off the entire week before that. So for the most part work has been peaceful. I've been riding the bike every day so I'll probably drive the truck tomorrow. Just because I haven't started it in a week. Don't want all the belts and such to dry rot. Since Ian has arrives we went and played pool at Slick Willies, and we spent a few hours at Dave and Busters. We are enjoying his visit and hopefully he is too.

And the final complaint, my stupid keyboard quit working at home. I went to type something yesterday (A new blog post, yeah, that's it, I'm not being lazy my keyboard just didn't work.) and nothing showed up on the screen. I tried the typical reboot, try a different USB port, etc... Nothing worked. Oh well, life goes on. It's not like it's hard to get a new one. It just sucks because it glows blue and just looks cool. But I guess no matter how cool you may look, if you can't get the job done you need to go. Hmmm, now if certain employees took that hint...

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Ian's guac was off the chain!!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

You're so sweet, being the instrument of karma for me!!! Sounds like Ian's keeping you busy!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

If it were me, I would have to check and see if the keyboard was plugged in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home