N'awlins at heart

Thursday, August 28, 2008

"It's very interesting and exciting... To you."

I love W1 soooo much. She is very good at putting up with my crap and letting me run my mouth about things she doesn't really care about. So I've been playing around with Windows 7 at work. Because it has not been released a lot of the hardware doesn't have drivers written specifically for it. When I got home today I started spouting off about what I had to do to get the devices working. After about 20 minutes of confusing dialogue, I decided it would be better to give her a "quick" tutorial. (A picture is worth 1000 words, right?) After what turned into another 20 minute presentation, she nodded and said she understood. I have to give her mad props for pretending like she listened and even cared. I love you baby! I also filled her in about these Halo Rooms. If you are interested click the link. It's boring tech stuff, but a bad ass new teleconferencing technology.

I finally got to ride into work again. The weather has been terrible since the Hurricane Fay residuals. I almost rode in yesterday but took W1's advice and filled the truck that was on E at $3.33 a gallon. When I stopped to fill the bike today it was already up to $3.41. I'd much rather pay the extra 8 cents a gallon on the 3 gallon bike tank, than on the 12 gallon truck tank. I'm just sayin. Plus I got poured on most of the way home yesterday so I would have been pretty wet.

Tuesday afternoon I was taking a smoke break at work in the picnic area. Ok, it's the smoking area, but it's hidden in a little patch of woods, and there are 2 picnic tables in there. It reminds me a lot of a secluded campsite at a State Park. I've seen rabbits, snakes, spiders, and tons of birds in the area; but for the first time I saw a baby deer (okay, a fawn) in the wooded area. About 10 feet from where I was sitting. Just munchin on some leaves. I tried to get a picture with my cell phone, but I guess their colors and spots work. All it looked like was a bunch of trees. When I went to get closer he hauled ass. It was cool though. I really should leave nature alone anyway. I discovered copperheads don't like having their pictures taken, and zipper spiders don't appreciate having their webs walked through. I probably don't need a first hand lesson about how shitty Bambi's parents get when some idiot tries to pet her. But it'd probably be pretty funny to watch.

Work has been pretty easy this week. I am testing a wireless router. Yes, like the kind you use at home. This basically consists of surfing the web, playing flash games online, and transferring files between computers. Sometimes my job is pretty cool.

4 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Okay, what I don't get is, who is taping this insanity? A friend? I dare say not.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

Windows 7 ??? I'm just getting the hang of Windows 2 !!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

A deer? THAT'S cool!!! (notice I didn't comment on any of the tech stuff - there's more than 1 Windows?)

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you saw the actual show of the deer, the guy sprayed doe pheramones all over himself and told his wife to start taping. I guess she doesn't like him much, cuz she let that deer MESS HIM UP!!! Heh! Heh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home