N'awlins at heart

Saturday, June 21, 2008

I call 'em like I see 'em!

And I call Bullshit! I was talking to W1 yesterday and she told me about an article she read. Apparently, some guy working on his Master's Degree wrote a paper on road rage. The paper got an A. I personally think this was a bullshit cop out. And let me tell you why.

The study showed that ALL people involved in incidents of road rage had done something to personalize their car. Whether it be a bumper sticker, Jesus fish, neon lights, or a license plate cover, they all did something. The point was, once this was done, the car was personalized and truly theirs. That meant, when they were in the situation that caused the road rage, they took it personal. Like the person did whatever to that particular person on purpose. Like, they were targeting me to cut me off.

My theory is a little different. When someone cuts me off it's not personal to me. I still get extremely pissed, but not because I was targeted. I get pissed because the person who did it thinks they are better than anyone else and don't have to look out for other motorists.

This is what set me off and made me think the whole study was a bunch of crap. The guy took a study in the obvious and got all sorts of praises for it. It had to be very easy to say EVERY person involved in road rage did modifications to personalize their vehicle. You know why? Because I would think 99.9% of car owners do something to personalize their vehicle. Whether it's a "My kid shot your honor student" bumper sticker, tinted windows, or their favorite stuffed animal on the dash board, almost everyone does something. Even the piece of crap civic we had (that I loved). I put chrome valve stem caps on the tires. (I can't say 100% because Coworker R bought a car a year ago and hasn't washed it, much less personalized anything. But he is the exception to the rule.)

Please stay tuned for my thesis. I'm doing a study on how every person who wears shoes has feet. I hope I get an A!

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

You WILL get that "A" because you're special!!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Hmmm...your thesis sounds promising!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home