N'awlins at heart

Monday, May 26, 2008

All the signs point to embarrasment.

This one looks to be long, so get settled in.

One of the people in my new lab, spends a lot of time in the gym. He does not have any problem flexing, and showing off his arms, any chance he gets. We'll call him "Coworker S". Now Friday, he came in wearing a shirt you would expect to see on Simon Cowell from American Idol wearing. (No, I do not watch the show, but google is my friend.) The shirt was tight, okay? That shit was "young" and he probably bought it at Baby Gap.

So there's another guy who has been working in our lab, but he's a vendor (We'll call him "Contractor T"). He walked in Friday and before I had a chance to dog him for wearing a pink button up, he tells Coworker S "Damn! Did you borrow your little brothers shirt today?" I almost lost it.

Now Contractor T has some great stories, and he likes to chat it up. And I'm going to share one of the funniest ones. His job sends him all over the country and the world. On one occasion he was doing work at Disney World in Orlando. Now he knew there are groups of gay guys, and there are also groups of deaf people. What he didn't know, was that there are groups of deaf gay men, who also book vacations together. His hotel had a few groups of them. So he gets in the elevator with 3 men who immediately started "signing one another". What they didn't realize, was Contractor T originally planned on teaching the deaf and learned sign language in college. So looking in the mirrors reflection, he could understand all the comments about his hot ass, and what they wanted to do with it. But he kept his cool. Until he stepped off the elevator, and one of them whistled / cat called him. At which point he turned around and made the sign to them asking "Why???". These guys turned beet red and immediately gave his the sign for "sorry".

The whole time he is telling the story he's doing the actual sign for these comments and it was cracking me up. If you don't find it as funny as I did, maybe you had to be there. Sorry for that.

On to this weekend. W1 and I went to Galveston yesterday. Once again we are sun burnt. Did we learn anything at Lake Somerville a few weekends ago? Apparently not. But we still had a great time. Even though I lost my sunglasses.

On the drive down we saw someone very prepared for a nice day on the beach. They brought their own picnic table. I mean, a full size picnic table. Pictures don't lie people.

Once there, we had chips and sammiches on the beach, which were delicious. And we got to spend some quality time together, which is rare as of lately. It reminds me how awesome W1 is. It was very relaxing and peaceful.

Other than W1, there wasn't much eye candy. Except for the life guard. W1 was nice enough to snap a picture of her so I didn't look like a perv (even though I am).

Saturday I was able to get the oil changed on the bike, but not much more. I still have the brake pads but after my mishap last time, I think I'll leave those to the professionals. We just don't have the money to repair my screw ups again. Ha ha Ha.

Today has been spent mostly relaxing, and recovering from sun damage. I did make it out to the parking lot to vacuum the sand out of W1's car. Other than that I think the day will be spent indoors. Waiting for dinner to eat leftover lasagna I made last night. And it was off the chain if I do say so myself.

4 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun weekend together. Check out my pictures on myspace. There are great ones of you and Molly. Also a good one of you and your sister.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

funny post!!!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Good times were had by all love.

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight... You had your hot wife take pics of a hot lifeguard so YOU don't look like a perv??????!!!!!?????

Nice try... NOT!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home