N'awlins at heart

Monday, May 19, 2008

I was shocked.

As we were running around yesterday, we ran into some of our new neighbors. Some younger kids. Typical guys and girls in their 20's. Okay, the girls were really cute, and I think Ian is going to enjoy his visit this summer. There are actually a few little cuties and I recommend he spend some serious time at the main pool.

Anyways, it was 2 girls and 1 guy (Lucky!) when we saw them. Later, I saw the guy with another guy hooking up a car stereo in the parking lot. Been there, done that, it's all good. They had a pair of 12" Kicker Solo Baric Sub woofers in the back of a Ford Explorer (Or something along that line).

It only took about 10 minutes before I "felt" the bass in my kitchen. Literally, we heard dishes rattling. Impressive. Now is the place where I should be all about "Blah, blah, blah, you have neighbors, blah, blah, blah, have some respect, blah, blah, blah." But I'm just not that old yet. I really was impressed. That's some serious sound.

This went on for about 20 minutes. After that I assumed they either left, of finished "tuning" the sound and went back inside.At least that's what I thought. Until I went out to throw away the trash. That's when I saw one of the 2 initial girls flagging down an ambulance. The parking lot was full of flashing lights. There were 2 ambulances, 1 cop car, 2 (Firemen) red pickup trucks, and an actual fire truck. Apparently one of the guys shocked himself on his new amp.

I'm sorry, that's funny. I don't care who you are. (And once again, been there done that. And it does hurt!)

1 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats the funniest shit that I've heard all year. Karma can be a bitch sometimes!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home