N'awlins at heart

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

JoJo_4_ShoSho

Okay, sorry it has been forevah! But I's busy. As you all know from W1's blog, we watch a lot of To Catch a Predator. If you are not familiar with this program, thank you for crawling out from under your rock and reading my blog. Most if not all of these "predators" need to be punched in the face. And I'd be more than happy to do it. The amazing thing is that they are on season 3, and some of the people they catch recognize Chris Hanson from the show. (I would like his super power to make people "Have a seat right over there".) Which in turn means, they know people are getting caught, but they still go for it. Again, in need of a punch in the face.

Now with MSNBC's fabulous graphics department, while Chris (Yeah, we're on a first name basis.) is interviewing and discussing these people and their need to be punched in the face, er, I mean, sickness; They flash across the screen exerts from the chat logs. One of the actors who play "teens" in their chats, used the screen name JoJo_4_ShoSho. I'm sorry but I laughed so hard when I read it, I felt it was good enough for a blog title.

Okay, I rambled on way too much, and that was not where I was going with this post. If you haven't seen the show, check it out. "It's a good train, you should get on it".

Last weekend was the Lone Star Rally. It was awesome. There were bikes and people everywhere. We took a nice long ride down, and the short way back. I had a blast. One of the things I miss most about being in New Orleans is riding with family and friends. It's a much better feeling riding with people you are comfortable with. People who you know what move they are going to make before they do. Not that I dislike riding with people here, it's just unpredictable.

The rally basically takes over Galveston Beach (Yeah, that's snow. Must have been Christmas 2004.) and some of the streets nearby. What it also does is damn near turn I-45 into a parking lot. Hence the long ride down, we skipped all that crap. We all made it there and back safe, and had a good time in between. It was nice to show the family the area, and also give them hands on knowledge about why I complain about the traffic so often. Tell em Chia! Ha Ha Ha.

I do miss Steel Pony Express a lot too. It's like the Lone Star Rally, at the Kiefer UNO Lakefront Arena. (Sorry, I just like to say the whole name.) Then, once you leave, you're free to roam about the city.

Whoosh, I just jumped again. So I'm at work yesterday, hanging out front, and 4 guys walk out. 3 of them are dressed to the hilt. 3 piece suits, you know the drill. The 4th, well, all I can say is he wasn't. This Jerkface (Sea Lab 2021 reference) is rockin' the latest in shorts and black tee shirt fashion. And his tee shirt reads "Genius by birth. Slacker by choice" (Click the link, trust me.). Now in my opinion, (Sorry, I'm not a genius, but I got pretty damn close) a genius would be smart enough to wear something different in a corporate environment. I'm just saying.

I thought the guy was an idiot, and thought nothing more of it. Until last night. (Flash back to the Lone Star Rally). I started going through the pictures taken at Lone Star Rally 2007 (Yeah, I said it all official and shit.) and ran across one ChiaPop took for ChiaMom. It was a skeleton, dressed up and strapped onto the passenger seat of a bike. The thing that made me take a second look, was a guy standing on the curb wearing a black tee shirt. And guess what it said. Well, you don't have to guess, you can just look at the picture.

Up next, John Cougar Mellencamp with Authority Song. (If you haven't discovered, Youtube has every video ever made. But don't hold me to that.) Have you ever woke up with a song stuck in your head? Well, this morning that was my song. I don't have the slightest idea why. My best guess is that was on the radio one of the fifty times I hit snooze this morning. Normally it would not have been worth mentioning but there is a method to my madness. After I spent all morning showering, brushing my teeth, getting ready for work (all while singing this fine tune in my head) I jumped in the truck. (Cut me some slack, I got a lot of riding in this weekend and it was cold. I can leave the bike at home every now and then.) As soon as I sat down I realized I forgot my iPod. I just wasn't in the mood to walk back to the apartment so I went ahead and turned on Jack FM. They pretty much play whatever they feel like . I think it's their slogan, seriously. (Okay, I know some of you can see where this is going, if not, read along.) I sit down, start the truck, and put on the station. After the song that's on finishes, they play it. You know what I'm talking about, John Cougar Mellencamp's Authority Song. How crappy is that? You know how it is. You get a song stuck in your head, repeatedly, and as you go about your morning routine, it finally goes away. UNTIL THEY PLAYED IT AGAIN!

As usual, when it's been a while, I rambled on for another long post. My last opine involves blogger.com and other such services which are kind enough to underline what they consider misspellings in red. (Please don't delete me for this; Administrators of such a wonderful free service.) They are a bunch of illiterate jerk faces! (Sealab again. Who's paying attention?) Why do they underline okay in red? (When I right click my suggested word is Tokay. What the Hell is that?) Which is the proper spelling for OK. But if I type a lowercase i as in "I", the red is nowhere to be found.

JERKFACES! I rest my case.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I was gonna get you that T-shirt for Christmas. Darn, the surprise is ruined!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home