N'awlins at heart

Monday, October 22, 2007

That's right kids, lock up your junk.

Sunday W1 and I decided to have James Coney Island for lunch. Traveling up Westheimer, we got to a red light. It happened to be right next to a Starbucks. As we're waiting for the light to turn a guy pulls up and parks in an Acuta. This thing was the definition of hooptie. There were different colored patches of paint all over it. The front fender looked like someone sprayed it with buckshot (although I'm pretty sure the holes were drilled to pop out a dent of some sort). It sounded like it was only running on 2 cylinders. So you know I had to crack up laughing when the guy got out and set his car alarm. That's right, you read that correctly.

Not a lot has been going on. My boss was out all last week and today, so work is dragging by (since I'm not doing much of it). Evenings and weekends have been spent watching Sopranos. (Yeah, I know, 1999 called, they want their TV series back). So we're a little behind the times.

I did get my green LED's installed on my bike the weekend before last. They look really good, and match the ones in the truck. I hooked them to the battery with a switch and fuse so I can keep them on when the bike is parked. And being LED's they don't drain a lot of power. Speaking of the bike, it is in desperate need of a washing, which I must do before Lone Star. Can't have family and friends visit and see my bike all dirty. We just can't have that. Maybe I can talk W1 into throwing on a bikini and then take a few pictures of her washing it. ;)

However it gets washed, I think my truck and "she who..." also need a good washing. Boy, lots of neglect going on here as of late. Our poor vehicles. Ha ha ha. I can't really think of anything else exciting that has been going on. Houston traffic is, well, Houston traffic. I can't really complain about it because I'm tired of complaining about it. Which also means you are probably tired of hearing about it.

W1 and I did have a wonderful lunch Saturday too. I think it is due to missing home. You know how they have to tubes of crescent rolls that pop when you open them? Well, they also make a "french loaf". So we cooked a loaf of the bread and deep fried (Fry Daddy baby, represent!) some shrimps. The we made shrimp po boys. They were delicious!

Okay, that's all you get for now. Figured I had to post something after Chia called me out. Ha ha ha. We love and miss you all.

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

The shrimp po-boys were AWESOME! Thanks baby!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Your vehicles don't need to be washed until someone writes "wash me" on them!!! Love those crescent loaves - yummy!!!

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Like I have ANY room to call you out!!

Nice post. Looking forward to seeing your ride w/the lights!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home