N'awlins at heart

Friday, October 12, 2007

Sometimes I am a wicked, wicked person.

Co-workers. They are the topic of discussion today. And not the one who blamed me for loseing something he had on his desk the whole time, a different one. This guy needs medication. Seriously people. He is MOODY!!! And I almost have him figured out. He feeds on drama. If there is no drama in his life, he feels unneeded. I can tell if he's in a mood when I walk in. If he is already here, he will have his headphones around his neck. When I walk in, if he is in one of his moods, he will immediately put them on to act like he's listening to music. This (I guess) is my sign that he doesn't feel like talking. If he does want to talk, he will immediately start talking. Unfortunately for him his memory also seems to be bad. He doesn't remember telling me when they lady from the other side of the lab comes to talk (and boy can she talk) he will pretend he's listening to music and can't hear her, even if he doesn't have music playing. I can only assume he does the same to me. But the next day I will come back from lunch and he'll act all sad because I didn't invite him. I should tell him "Hey man, I asked, your music must have been too loud".

The other ting I have discovered about this individual, is that it totally drives him when he feels someone else is getting a better deal than he is. No matter what it is, although it usually applies to work. Which brings us to the reason for this post. Since yesterday I have been testing a video card with a new driver (like that's new news). One of the tests is to "play" an online game called Second Life. It's pretty boring actually, but you run into a lot of Furries. (I'm not even getting all into that again). Well, anyone who has a Windows Based computer has seen the infamous Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). The card and driver I'm testing seems to enjoy bringing up this BSOD. So, this morning, my boss said to spend an hour trying to reproduce the error. (Apparently my coworker heard that over his "music"). I worked on it for about an hour, then headed to lunch. When I returned I went to my bosses office to fill him in. He told me to try a few other things. So I went back into the lab and started playing, um, I mean, testing again. This brings us to the earlier comment. If he feels I am getting to play a game all day, but he has to actually "work" he is furious. It didn't take long before the "God, it must be nice to get to play Second Life all day". When I did not respond it became "Wow, that's the longest hour of testing I've ever seen". (Because he was not in my bosses office when I was told to try other things.) And I once again ignored him because it really wasn't any of his business what I was doing. The he moved to the "Boy, I'd love to trade jobs with you."

Now, unfortunately I was not thinking fast enough. It took me 30 seconds to remember he did that same test the day before I did on a different system with the same card and driver. The best response would have been "Well, you just tested the same thing the day before I did. Had you done your F-ing job properly you would have found this issue, and in turn would have been PLAYING SECOND LIFE ALL DAY". But by them he went back into his own little world.

So 4:00 this afternoon I finally finished my testing of the game. When we find issues, we now have to write them up, email them to a coworker (peer) then after they give their opinion, we submit it to our boss. I sent it to someone who normally doesn't look too hard at them. Just because it was a long and confusing issue, and I knew my boss wanted it before he left for the day. Once that was submitted I moved on to the other issue I found during my testing. It had nothing to do with the game, it was an error with Direct X rendering on a website.

So, 5:15 rolls around and the boss leaves for the day. Not 5 minutes later the original coworker breaks out his personal laptop, and starts playing World of Warcraft, thinking he's going to spend the rest of his day goofing off. I guess that would make him feel less cheated by me. Who knows? But you all know I ain't goin out like dat! So, as soon as I finished writing up my other issue, guess who I chose to review it? That's right. No World of Warcraft for you! Get to work! Ha ha, the only thing better than sticking the knife in is twisting it...

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

What an interesting day. I played on the internet. Maybe I should get into gaming between paydays when I have something to do??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home