N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Too much time on my hands.

Well, I'm not sure what to write about, but I definitely have time to write. The test I'm currently doing requires me to reinstall Windows about 5 times. I can't complain though, I get paid by the hour.

I did make a bright move today. After lunch I was craving a little afternoon coffee. So I went ahead and poured a cup. Added cream and sugar, and turned to answer a question. When I turned back, you all know what happened. Yep, I knocked the entire cup over. And not just over, I coated my keyboard, mouse, and a nice 20" widescreen monitor. I was actually surprised because I had the system in "hibernate" mode. There were no sparks, and no smoke. So I wiped down the monitor, threw away the keyboard and mouse, and went about my business. When I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse, I woke the system from "hibernation" and it ran normally. But don't try this at home kids. I doubt you all have boxes and boxes of keyboards and mice at your disposal.

Of course it was some hazelnut blend someone brought in so my entire desk now smells like hazelnuts. But I guess it could be worse. What if it was cabbage or something? Ew, is all I can say.

Not a whole lot else going on. Lets see. My friend Russell brought in some cleaning supplies so I can get the grime out of my tires and shine the chrome on the bike. So I check my email when I get in this morning and he tells me he brought these things in. The very next email I read is from the lady in the hardware side of our lab saying "We are being audited today to ensure we don't have unauthorized chemicals in our lab". Nice! I think I was set up! Ha Ha. No biggie, we never do so they just fly through here, make sure we have a sign pointing to the fire estinguisher, and walk out the other door.

Well, that's about it I guess. Talk to you all soon.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

It is a conspiracy. No doubt.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I'm still stuck on "threw away the keyboard and mouse". Wow, I guess I don't get out much - you just threw it away??!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home