N'awlins at heart

Thursday, August 16, 2007

What is that? I think I smell a memory...

It's funny how strange things pop in your head when you least expect them to. Like the evening of August 27, 2005. Just days before Hurricane Katrina, and we are Florida bound. Katrina was a lot of things, and memorable goes without saying.

So picture this. W1 and I are following H2 driving KenEllie's Explorer. Suddenly, we notice movement in the Explorer. It seems that K is now crawling around in the back, presumably acquiring a soda, or something of that sort. Or so we thought. After a few minutes, we notice he is not finding what he was looking for, so we give them a call to see what the problem is. Apparently there was an odor.

An odor strong enough, that it was rumored McGruff had possibly shit in the back of the Explorer. After a thorough inspection, it turns out that no, McGruff did not get too nervous and crap himself, turns out he was so relaxed he farted. And it was bad enough that K went into the back to search for... How do I say it? "Report".

To be a fly on the wall when they first caught wind of that one. Preferably a fly without the sense of smell. Ah, the good ol' days.

W1 and I were chatting about the humor in some of this tonight and I thought you all might get a chuckle too.

3 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Ah yes, good times!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

That was one of the most fun road trips ever. I am glad we didn't know how bad it was to be, that way we were able to enjoy each other. Well, that and the dog farts! haha

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was great. I was actually swimming in shit!!!Good times!!! I did det a cool knife out of the deal, though. I think I left it at the table in IHOP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home