N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

No photo's please...

Well I finally did it. I went to the DPS (Houston's DMV) Office yesterday to officially become a Texan. That's right, I finally changed my drivers license over. So imagine my surprise when the lady hands me a sheet of paper and asks me to sign it. Then says "That's yours, it's a temporary licence until the real one comes in the mail in 3-6 weeks". Yep, that's right, I have no official photo ID for the next 3-6 weeks. This may put a damper on our Vegas trip. I guess I'll call the airlines and see.

I just felt it was time, and the old one expired this December. Or so I thought. After about an hour in line I discovered I had 1 more year. Oh well, it happens.

Not a lot else going on. I'm in a new department again. It's pretty laid back though, the boss is not over your sholder all the time like the old boss was. It's definitely a more challenging job for sure. It took me an entire week just to get 2 of the 4 systems set up to start the testing. (2 still aren't working). But the day does fly by when you are busy.

The rain seems to have finally stopped. And as they say, "not a moment too soon". We washed the cars Sunday, pulled up and did "the whole 9 yards", vaccuum, windex the windows, air freshener... And as we were finishing up the windows it started pouring on us. How happy were we? But luckily W1 parks under a cover so afer a little while she re dried her car and we finished the windows. It looked great. Then, just to be safe, we took the truck on any other errands we had that day. It sits on the roof of a parking garage most of the time anyway, so it's not like it won't get rained on.

Ok, that's all ya get. Sorry...

1 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

The car looks beautiful, thank you baby!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home