N'awlins at heart

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

So I'm getting ready for work this morning, and W1 is online reading news articles. She ends up giving me "highlights" of one of the articles she is reading. Basically, a man was arrested to molesting a 9 year old girl, doing some other stuff to her, then burying her alive. His defense is that he claims to be mentally handicapped. I personally think that is the way he was trying to get around the death penalty, which would also lead me to believe it happened somewhere other than Texas, as they seem to have no problem putting anyone to death here, no matter what the circumstance. So anyways, this genius takes an IQ test to prove that he is mentally handicapped. And they come to the conclusion that he is as smart as the average person.

Now, I personally think that proves that he is mentally handicapped. Not taking into account what he is charged with is terrible, put yourself in his shoes. Say you commit a crime, nothing like what he did, just a crime. Now say your defense is that you are mentally handicapped. If you were taking an IQ test to prove that you were mentally handicapped, wouldn't you purposely miss questions? Maybe the fact that he actually passed the test is proof that he isn't too bright. I'm just saying. If it was me personally, I would have missed a lot. They probably would have looked at the results and asked "How do you remember to breathe?"

On a lighter note. I did like this story. Although I am curious as to what "The Man with the Yellow Hat" is doing jumping from story books into real life.

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Little ol curious George. haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home